Floor Tile Paint
Browse our collection of specialist Floor Tile Paint
Painting over your floor tiles has many benefits. With the right paint, painted tile can withstand regular wear and tear while remaining durable. By using floor tile paint, you can completely change your outdated tiles to feel like new as you are able to customise your floor tiles to fit your style. Painting tiles yourself requires much less time and money than completely re-tiling your floor. All of the paints on our website are specially designed to hold to your tiles, making them durable and reliable.
Shop here to search for the best floor tile paint.
Popular Floor Tile Paint
Rust-Oleum 750ml Universal Paint – Gloss Slate Grey£19.39
Rust-Oleum 750ml Universal Paint – Satin Black£19.85
Rust-Oleum 750ml Universal Paint – Gloss Sunset Orange£19.93
Rust-Oleum 750ml Universal Paint – Satin White£19.25
How to Paint Floor Tiles
Before You Start
- Apply a primer to the floor. Use a paintbrush for the grout and edges of each time and then a roller to fill in the middle.
- Leave the primer to dry as per the manufacturers instructions.
- Once the primer is dry, apply a thin coat of your chosen paint, following the same method as when you applied the primer.
- Let the first coat dry as per the manufacturers instructions and then apply another coat if needed. Once it is dry enough, check to see if the colour is deep enough before deciding whether or not to apply more paint.
- Let the paint dry for the recommended length of time.
- Move any furniture back into the room slowly and carefully to prevent scratching the newly painted floor tiles.
Painting Floor Tiles
Tips & Aftercare
- Before painting, use a floor cleaner and clean the tiles and grout thoroughly.
- Leave tiles to fully dry before painting.
- Your brushes can be cleaned with white spirit or brush cleaner.
- Once the paint has dried, you can clean your tiles with hot water and a small amount of dish soap.
Grey Floor Tile Paint
HQC Smooth Masonry Paint 10L (Classic Grey)£99.95
Wilko One Coat Pale Grey Tile Gloss Paint 750ml£15.00
V33 Renovation Anthracite Satin Wall Tile & Panelling Paint – 2L£36.00
V33 Renovation Anthracite Satin Wall Tile & Panelling Paint – 750ml£24.00
Frequently Asked Questions
Painting your own floor tiles is much cheaper than replacing old tiles, you can choose from a wide range of different shades to suit your interior and you can do it yourself. However, painting your own floor tiles isn’t a long term solution and paint may start chipping in high footfall areas.
You can buy specialist tile paint from our online store which will do a brilliant job at painting floor tiles. Chalk paint and heavy duty floor paint have also been proven to work when painting floor tiles too.
Yes! Get creative. You just need to find the colour you want in the type of paint you need. If you are covering dark tiles with a light shade, we recommend using a few extra coats.
We recommend using stencils as they are the easiest and best way to paint a pattern onto a floor tile. We don’t necessarily recommend going freehand unless you are a skilled painter/artist. It can be time consuming but the end result is extremely satisfying!